Thursday, November 17, 2016

How to Improve Your Handwriting


If you look at my first bullet journal and my second bullet journal, one of the biggest differences you'll notice is my handwriting. Starting from late May/early June, I started to practice and improve my handwriting. I decided to do so because my handwriting hadn't really changed or gotten better since the sixth grade, and it was frankly quite ugly. Thus, using my own experience in improving my handwriting, I'll be teaching you today how to improve your own handwriting!


To make it easier, I broke down what I did to better my writing into several steps.

    1. Do a writing sample.

    When I had just started to try and improve my handwriting, I made a writing sample using my normal handwriting and not caring with how it looked (so somewhat fast and messy) // OurJourneyinJournals.blogspot.com

    First of all, when you've decided to start to improve your handwriting, make a sample of your writing. You could either write out the alphabet or just random words, but all that matters is that you include all of the letters of the alphabet. Don't try to make them look pretty or anything like that; just write how you normally would.

    2. Pick out the specifics.

    After you've created a writing sample of your handwriting, now it's time to pick out the specifics. By "specifics," I'm specifically saying strokes and symbols that should be improved (wow, look at that alliteration!). For example, I remember that when I decided to change the way I write, I wanted to make my "o's" and "a's" rounder.

    So, go through all of your letters and find the certain aspects of them that you want to change, whether it be the height of your lowercase letters, the roundness of letters, etc.

    3. Copy the alphabet.


    The third step is to write out the alphabet over and over and over and over and over again (was that enough "overs"?). Make sure to be super aware of the things that you want to change; don't just mindlessly write the letters out. When you're at this stage, you should aim for consistency and neatness with the form of your writing. Also, make sure to go slowly. When you're trying to drastically change your handwriting, you can't improve at all if you're writing quickly.

    4. Practice!

    Handwriting practice on June 5, 2016: I copied some YouTube comments, which is one way I like to practice my handwriting // OurJourneyinJournals.blogspot.com

    The last step is just plain, old practice; there's no replacement or shortcut for this. When I was improving my handwriting, I would just sit down and write continuously for at least half an hour almost every day. Just like with the previous step, make sure to continue to be aware of each individual stroke of each individual letter and write slowly. Again, aim for consistency!

    There are so many different ways to practice your handwriting (such as copying down song lyrics or journaling), and I've talked about 10 different ways before. However, you can just write out literally anything that you want to! You can even archive your practice sheets and date them so that you can see how you've improve over time.

    If you take away anything from this post, then let it be these two pieces of advice:
    1. Be aware of what specific strokes you want to change, and
    2. Be aware of how you're forming said strokes, and write slowly!!!
    I cannot stress enough the importance of consciously drawing each stroke and writing slowly when you're trying to improve your handwriting. It is incredibly essential. If you're not mindful with your practice, then you're just wasting your time. Of course, it's pretty impractical to write slowly in day-to-day writing, but when you are actively trying to change the way you write, it's quite critical.

    I hope this post helped you learn how to improve your handwriting, and good luck on your journey in changing it!
    mae-mae han

    What tips or questions do you have about improving your handwriting? Leave them in the comments below!

    8 comments:

    1. I grew up with nice handwriting. My mom and aunt both have extremely nice handwriting (my mom used to calligraphy), and it's what I've always known. My brother even has nice handwriting, so I really think it has something to do with my genes.
      Writing Service UK

      ReplyDelete
    2. Subsequent to perusing the introduction you will have the capacity to comprehend about sop for ms in electrical designing. The entire site to substance is tied in with knowing nuts and bolts of it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This mechanism is perfect but I think best way is to do maximum writing practice or you can consult from typingservice.org/hire-our-professional-typist-online/ site.Its best for this.Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    4. In the event that we tend to need to check the planet as a straightforward and this http://www.professionaltypist.net/professional-typing-services/manuscript-typing-services/ marvelous place wherever everybody is by all accounts are given an equivalent opening.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Its great way to improve your writing skills.I really learnt a lot from this.You can also get good writing samples on http://www.handwriting2text.com/why-us/.I really learnt a lot from this website.

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is great way to improve your hand writing. I will try this for my hand writing. Bcoz my hand writing is not very good. I think this tacniq will work for my hand writing.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow this is an amazing article about Christian Ghostwriting . previously i read some article about it but i learn something new from here . keep writing like this only here here and you'll be get and helpful ideas on the subject of academic papers writing.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi I appreciate your tips about good hand writing, Writing is the main part of getting good grades in any educational fields , students are so worry about their hand writing that is why the expert writers of cheap disserrtation writing service to invite the students providing the basic writing skills ,

      ReplyDelete