Thursday, January 26, 2017

25 Instagram Calligraphers Under 5k


Since Instagram is the main platform where I share and talk about my calligraphy, I knew that I wanted to do a roundup post about a bunch of awesome calligraphers on there. A long, long time ago (as in one of the very first posts I ever made on this blog), I wrote a post about some calligraphers and hand-letterers on Instagram. Unfortunately, that post was a complete and utter fail since I only included 6 different accounts. Thus, I wanted to redo that same post topic in order to give it proper justice.

However, I'm adding a bit of a twist to this post: I'm only featuring 25 calligraphers that all have less than 5,000 followers (at the time of writing this). Since you probably already know the "big" accounts like @thePostman'sKnock or @Chrystalizabeth, I wanted to give some smaller - but still amazing - accounts the credit they deserve. So, I hope with this roundup (that is in no particular order, BTW), you'll be able to find a new favorite calligrapher on Instagram!

@BoogiePeanutDesign


Mychal of Boogie Peanut Design mainly does digital iPad lettering, but she also does some brush lettering. She also has a website where she sells worksheets, courses, custom Procreate brushes, and custom pieces.

@SorryforWastingPaint


Honestly, this is one of my favorite calligraphy accounts on Instagram; I'm such a big fan of Dani's style. She does some works with brush markers, and as her username implies, she uses paint a lot - specifically watercolor. She also has an Etsy shop called Busy Bee Calligraphy where she sells wooden spoons with burned calligraphy.

@Kay_K_Designs


Kay K Designs utilizes quite a quirky style, and she mainly uses brush pens. Additionally, she has a website where she blogs and sells hand-lettered products.

@Flowering.Words

A photo posted by ヽ(*≧Ο‰≦)οΎ‰ chloe (@flowering.words) on

Chloe of @FloweringWords has a beautiful style, and she does a good mixture of pointed pen, brush marker, watercolor, and digital calligraphy. In addition to having awesome calligraphy skills, she also takes amazing pictures. Seriously. Just look through her feed.

@TheLetteringJen


Jennifer, the woman behind this account, is a huge fan of brushes. The majority of her works are done with a water brush or with a real paintbrush.

@HB_Letters


I feel like Haylee has quite a distinct style with her letters. She generally uses brush markers, but she also occasionally uses other mediums (such as embossing or iPad calligraphy).

@ThisWritingDesk


I'm a huge fan of Kolbie's style; I just really like the way she does cursive calligraphy. She usually uses paintbrushes with watercolor or ink or brush markers.

@CarlDiArt


Carlis does really cute hand-lettering (yes, cute), and she usually uses brush markers.

@CreatedByCali


Cali is mostly an iPad calligrapher, and she has a "wonky" style, if that makes any sense (just scroll through her feed and you'll understand what I mean). She also has an Etsy shop for hand-lettered products.

@JazzyByDesign


Kelsey has a very artistic style (I mean, just look through her photos!) and mostly uses a mix of ink, watercolor, and brush markers. She also posts a lot of videos, which I think can be helpful to learn from.

@LifeLoveAndLettering

A photo posted by Kate (@lifeloveandlettering) on

Kate usually uses water brushes with watercolor or brush markers, but she also sometimes does things like chalk or emobssing. In addition, she has an Etsy shop for calligraphy pieces.

@LettersByLexie



Lexie has only been lettering for a couple of months, but I still really like her work! She does brush lettering in a very quirky and distinct style.

@MeeeksCalligraphy


Miku posts about an equal mixture of digital lettering and brush lettering (either with water brushes + watercolor or with brush markers). She doesn't really have a distinct style, but she can do a wide variety of different calligraphy styles.

@AdelineLetters


I really like Adeline's account; there's just something about her calligraphy and her pictures that I really enjoy! She generally uses watercolor, ink, and brush markers.

@DawnInGrace

A photo posted by sarah | lover of life & words (@dawningrace) on

Sarah's calligraphy is not only beautiful, but her photography of said calligraphy is also gorgeous! Brush pens are her primary medium.

@The.Scribble.Bay


As of right now, Krishia only has 22 posts, but you can already tell that she's really skilled. I'm also a big theme of her theme. She does about an equal mixture of digital calligraphy and traditional calligraphy (brush markers or "real" ink).

@PaintAndPenStudio


Ashley uses a wide range of mediums, but whatever art tool she does use, it looks nice! She has an Etsy shop where she sells different hand-lettered pieces.

@TheLeftHandedWildflower


Humairah uses brush markers for calligraphy, but she is also a skilled watercolor artist. She often incorporates watercolor flowers into her lettering works.

@RawSugarWrites_

Last night, I climbed into that needs-to-be-cleaned tub in a sad state. The temporary bliss from my recent Smoked Butterscotch Latte completely worn off. The resurfacing pain of not being chosen right there at the edge of my heart. Recently, I wasn’t picked. I wasn’t the first to be elected to serve in a position that I really felt qualified, and honestly, the best for. Not chosen. Second best. Just stopped being asked. Ouch. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ So there I was in my few quiet moments alone. Sulking. Just Jesus and me. Well, and James. Yes, right there in that hot bath, James and the Giant Peach decided to make an entrance. I love how the Holy Spirit works. In that movie, you hear the spirited little boy say several times that his parents, who were sadly eaten by a giant rhinoceros at the beginning of the film, always told him to “look at it another way.” Smart people. Sounds like kingdom-thinking to me. So there I was, almost not ready to move on from my I-deserve-to-feel-this-way attitude, contemplating how I could look at this situation of being rejected in a different light. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Read the rest of how Jesus, James and a hot bath shifted my thinking. Now on the blog. Link in profile or at rawsugarwrites.com/blog. Would love to hear from you if there's a situation you're in that needs some kingdom perspective!
A photo posted by Raw Sugar Writes (@rawsugarwrites_) on

Melissa makes lots of very pretty brush lettering (and photography), though she also occasionally does pointed pen. Her captions are generally quite inspirational, too. Additionally, she has a website which includes a blog and a shop.

@OhaiCrystal


Crystal posts a mix of digital calligraphy and brush lettering, and she's one of the main people behind Lettering League. She also has a website for lettering and graphic design work.

@Now.Then.Sunshine


Jules's primary medium is ink (done with a water brush), and she recently started a series about daily good news (which I wholly appreciate after this inauguration). She also has an Etsy shop for lettering.

@AsiaBasiaJensen


Asia does beautiful watercolor and ink brush calligraphy (plus some brush marker stuff). She also has an Etsy shop for hand-lettered shirts.

@MonicMomo


Monica usually uses ink and water brushes. I'm such a big fan of her work, and it's actually amazing to see her progress (with both her calligraphy and photography skills) when looking through her account.

@ScribblesofEm

A photo posted by Emily Chen (@scribblesofem) on

Emily doesn't post that often, but the few times she does, I usually like it! She usually does brush lettering with watercolor.

@OurJourneyInJournals


Yup, this is my Instagram for Our Journey in Journals! I do a mix of digital calligraphy and brush lettering with brush markers. I also have a blog as you probably know (since you're on it right now lol).

I hope you enjoyed that roundup of some underrated calligraphers! Yes, followers are not everything, but I hope that these people (who all have under 5000 right now) get the recognition they deserve.
mae-mae han

Who's your favorite calligrapher on Instagram? Tell me in a comment down below!

37 comments:

  1. Instagram comments are very important for interaction of account. Also, we have to buy instagram followers too.

    türk takipçi satın al

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a punchy bit of composing, as it has a solid impact.
    cheap instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Süt Sağım Makineleri
    Avrupa normlarΔ±nda, TΓΌrk standartlarΔ±nda ve yΓΌksek kalitede sağım makinalarΔ± imalatΔ±nda sektΓΆrΓΌn ΓΆncΓΌ markasΔ± Melasty®

    Image
    Sağım Sistemleri
    Sahadaki tecrübelerimizin vermiş olduğu inovasyonlar

    Image
    Yedek Parçalar
    Otomotiv sektΓΆrΓΌndeki 40 yΔ±llΔ±k kauΓ§uk ve plastik tecrΓΌbesinin meyvesi Melasty® SΓΌt Sağım MakinalarΔ± Yedek ParΓ§alarΔ±

    Image
    Γ‡iftlik EkipmanlarΔ±
    Melasty® ´nin Γ§iftΓ§ilerimizle kurduğu empati. KullanΔ±cΔ± ve hayvan dostu Melasty® Γ‡iftlik EkipmanlarΔ±

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. generatorfollowers.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the off chance that you possess a great deal of devotees, you ought to procure a ton of offers. Numerous individuals trust you need a lot of devotees to deliver money with Instagramlynkhero

    ReplyDelete
  6. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that we are living in the age of Instagram. It became so relevant... People put so much effort to be recognized online they even buy instant likes my site to look popular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Read More Here

    ReplyDelete
  9. You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog. buy google business reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. instant instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.. Ubot studio

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you own a lot of followers, you should earn a lot of sales. Many people believe you need a bunch of followers to produce cash with Instagram, but that's not accurate.

    buy followers on instam followers

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. Technosoups

    ReplyDelete
  14. they don't need to be proficient,Cheapest SMM Panel Paytm they simply need to feature the primary highlights and elements of the item being referred to and to speak to the wide crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is noticeably big money to comprehend this. I assume you have made certain nice points in features also. tablet mockup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting subject , regards for putting up. phone mockup psd

    ReplyDelete
  17. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!.. model instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Como ser influenciador digital

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon! Free Likes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Judging by the way you write, you seem like a professional writer…’;~ SandozMedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do not have a bank account how can I place the order? read the article

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not at all like video posts on Twitter or Facebook that are now and then neglected by clients paying little heed to their quality,Twitter Video Download Instagram videos are infrequently missed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. our site

    ReplyDelete
  24. Exceptional short article!¡ll RSS rectify these days wth excellent feedreader application! bought instagram followers for cheap

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. hop over to this website

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you.  look these up

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. buy 1000 instagram likes instantly

    ReplyDelete
  28. All things considered, an exceptionally basic thing is to see if any message has been checked as perused and curiously, you didn't understand it.https://www.instapwn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. This information is magnificent. I understand and respect your clear-cut points. I am impressed with your writing style and how well you express your thoughts. Insta stories

    ReplyDelete
  30. Measure the shopper supposition for customers' image (s) and items (s) and evaluate sway. smm panel India

    ReplyDelete
  31. First and foremost, however, more help making pictures seem good takes immense period of time and practice. How to generate income with Instagram is more simple that you believe.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. check out here

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. click this link

    ReplyDelete
  34. What is role of Emails in Business communication. you believe or not but emails play vital role for build business branding and maintain reputation company. That's why emails marketing or email campaign are founded. But todays that all work is done on in just single click. Yes, Gmail sender bot are doing all task for your and give you beneficial result for your company.

    ReplyDelete
  35. There are all sorts of situations that you might find extremely challenging, especially when it comes to managing the online reputation of your business. As you may know, the online environment sets the tone when it comes to the success of all sorts of companies, regardless if we are talking about online or real live ones.buy followers
    The easiest way to get Instagram followers is to actually buy followers on Instagram from a reliable provide.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Join online forums and communities that are related to your website. Only your time is needed. You can get free advertising by talking about what you know best, your website. The more you write the more reputation you will get. The better your reputation the more website traffic you will get Click here.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another way that you could increase Instagram followers would require you to post photos at a particular time. It all depends on when your followers are usually online. This way Buy active Instagram followers, others might also become interested in what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete