Saturday, December 30, 2017

January 2018 Bullet Journal Setup

January 2018 Bullet Journal Setup

Ahhh!!!! It's almost 2018!! For me personally, I'm not starting a new bullet journal for the New Year for reasons I discussed in a blog post on whether or not you should do the same. So, my bujo setup for this month is actually fairly similar to my normal setups.

First of all, here is my completed December monthly spread (if you want to see how it looked like at the beginning of the month, then check out my setup post from last month). Anyway, without any further ado, here is my setup for January and for 2018!

2018 year-at-a-glance bullet journal calendar

This is my 2018 year-at-a-glance. I find it way too tedious to plan out and subsequently draw my own yearly calendar, so I am using this pretty printable from Wendaful. I've been using her printable year-at-a-glance calendars ever since I started bullet journaling, and I find that it's nice that she provides both Monday and Sunday starts and printables at different sizes--all for free. I printed the Monday start version in the A5 size, which fits well in my A5 Rhodia Goalbook.


This is my January monthly spread. I had trouble picking out my color scheme, since really the only colors I associate with the month are blue and silver--which were already the colors I used for my January setup from 2017. So, seeing this particular roll of washi tape among my much-too-large collection, I decided to use that as the basis of my color scheme and find pens that matched it. I ended up using a black Pentel Fude Touch Sign Pen, two Tombow Twintone markers (a pink-y peach and one of the blues), and a purple Sakura Souffle Gel Pen. However, though these pastel, cotton candy colors don't really up well on camera, especially the details that are on the sides of the downstrokes, I really like how it looks in real life.

blank january bullet journal monthly memories spread
This is my blank monthly memories spread for January. In a nutshell, I do a memories spread in my bullet journal each month to record the big things that happen each month. If you want a more in depth explanation, check out this blog post.
bullet journal october monthly memories spread

As an example, here's my filled out monthly memories spread from October. I try to show my completed memories spreads in my setup posts (once I actually do them, at least), but y'all don't get to see my November one because it does not look good at all haha. Also, since December isn't over yet, I don't have that monthly memories spread done yet.

So, that's really it for my bullet journal setup this month! I might do a 2018 resolutions page, but I still haven't decided yet. Also, I still need to make a blog post editorial calendar that'll stretch--I think--from January 2018 to June 2018; I have the pages set aside in my bullet journal to set this up, but I haven't actually filled it out yet.

2017 was kind of a crap show of a year for the world as a whole, and as for my own personal life, I had some really awesome things happen and some really awful things happen. However, let's focus on the positive; what's one thing (or multiple things) that you're grateful for from this year? For me, I'm really happy that I was able to reignite my love for theatre and songwriting/music making!

~Mae-Mae Han


Setup from last month: December 2017
Setup for next month: February 2018

9 comments:

  1. Hi there, I found your website via Google while searching for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. Online Assignment Help Assignment Help Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bullet journal too and I find the yearly spreads super hard to do. I never thought about printing it out though, that's such a great, hassle free idea. I would definitely consider it for 2019. My bullet journals are all continuous, the new year starts whenever it starts, in the same journal as opposed to starting a new journal. So there's really no space to fit in the calendar anymore :(
    Thank you for sharing!
    Kanra Khan

    twitter || instagram || facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. pay to do assignment singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Info! I Recently Came Across Your Blog And Have Been Reading Along. I Thought I Would Leave My First Comment. I Don’t Know What To Say Except That I Have
    Dissertation Writing Service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which font style you have used in your bullet journal setup? I have to ask this question because I am thinking of adopting exactly the same style for PhD Dissertation Writing Services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The article is educative, interesting, and are amazing. You have gotten a great insightful thirst to blog write-up. Thank you for sharing. Also visit has ritman started selling post utme form

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are great piece giver; your post is quite supportive and helpful to anyone who would come across it. Its a well spent good sensitive article. Many thanks for sharing. Visit here lead city university school fees for part time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for updating this awesome article! It’s my privilege visiting your blog post. I sincerely appreciate you for sharing. Also Check How Often Does Bloxburg Update

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work in creating this website, which has beautiful designs and cool content, is very commendable moaua supplementary admission forms out

    ReplyDelete