Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Setup for New Bullet Journal #5 (August 2018)

Setup for New Bullet Journal #5 (August 2018)
Hey, it's August! Not only have I set up for the new month, I've also transitioned into a new bullet journal (which also happens to align with my transition into my senior year of high school). Since this is my fifth bullet journal, I've got my system down pretty solid, so setting up this new bujo was fairly simple. Anyway, without any further ado, keep on reading to see my setup for my new bullet journal and for August 2018!
bullet journal move spread

First of all, I made a spread in my old bullet journal to list out what collections I wanted to include in my new one. I crossed off the ones I've already set up, and the X one is a collection I ended up deciding against incorporating. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty comfortable in my system, so this is really all of the preparation I needed to get ready to move into bujo #5.

I've been wanting to try out a Scribbles That Matter notebook for a while now, so I decided to get a mint Pro Version one, which is A5 and has dot grid ruling. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the outside cover, but it's a mint-colored, soft leatherette material and has a hot pink elastic and pen loop. I've only been using it for about a week, but I have already noticed some differences between this and my past Rhodia bullet journals, so I might do a comparison post in the future.

first page of scribbles that matter notebook

Anyway, when you open the notebook, this is the very first page. I blurred out my phone number for obvious reasons.

scribbles that matter bullet journal key and index
STM notebooks include a key and color code, so I filled in my symbols, though I left the color code blank since I don't have one in my bullet journal system. I also started the index, which would be more accurately labelled "table of contents" in my opinion, and as always, the month is written out using its corresponding colors in whatever theme I had decided to set up with.

bullet journal contact information spread

Though I already wrote down my cell phone number on the first page, I also created this contact information page on the first "real" page of my new bullet journal in case I ever lose it. I listed my mailing address, phone number (again), and two different email addresses. I know some people may have qualms against including their home address, but this is what helped bring my bullet journal back to me after the Fort Lauderdale Airport shooting.

On the next page is my 2018 year-at-a-glance calendar, though I didn't print it off and tape it in until after I took all of these photos. I'm just using the same A5 printable I used in my previous bullet journal (this one from Wendaful).

August 2018 bullet journal monthly log
Here is my August monthly spread! Because purple is one of my favorite colors, and this is my birthday month, I decided to go with a purple color scheme using a lavender Sakura Koi brush pen, a 0.6 mm purple glitter gel pen from a Korean brand I believe is called "One" (most of the packaging is in Korean, so I'm not entirely sure), and white and purple floral washi tape. I also used black Sakura Pigma Micron fineliners in 005 and 08 to aid in making the grid. The black writing in this spread--along with all of the other spreads thus far--is Noodler's X-Feather black ink in an EF Lamy Al-Star, which is currently my go-to fountain pen and ink combo.

blank August bujo monthly memories spread

This is currently my blank monthly memories spread for August. In a nutshell, I hand-letter the notable events that happen each month in a nice and aesthetic spread; I have a full blog post on these spreads if you want more details, and I also included examples at the end of this post.

school bell schedule bullet journal spread
This is my school's bell schedule for the next academic year. As this Scribbles That Matter notebook has two ribbon bookmarks, I'm keeping one on this particular page for easy reference throughout the school year, as I did with my previous bullet journal (a Rhodia Goalbook that also has two bookmarks).

lessons paid and period tracker bullet journal spreads

Because these two pages are right next to each other, I decided to use the same color scheme/theme with an Artline Stix brush marker, a Sakura Moonlight Gelly Roll, and a Zebra Mildliner highlighter. The lessons paid spread is to keep track of payment of my private lessons, primarily for figure skating, and "the worst" spread is to keep track of my period.

bullet journal future log part 1

bullet journal future log part 2
The standard future log in the bullet journal system is six months long, and that's what I had done in the past. However, my most recent bujo--a Rhodia Goalbook--came with a year-long future log, and I found it to be rather useful. Consequently, that's what I decided to go with for my bullet journal setup this time around.

circles & squares album tracklist bullet journal spread

This is a bit of a random collection, but whilst on vacation in China over summer break, I came up with the tracklist for my tentative album that I hope to release before the end of the school year. I want to keep it a secret for now, but here's at least the title of the album!

bullet journal wishlist

bullet journal stationery and colourpop wishlist
I have three different wishlist spreads in my new bullet journal: one for general items, one for specifically stationery, and one for the makeup brand Colourpop that I've been a little obsessed with lately. I used to have a music gear wishlist, but I decided not to incorporate into this bujo because pretty much all of the items on it were "big ticket" sort of purchases and not things I really need to keep track of.

After the Colourpop wishlist, I have a currently inked spread, though I didn't make it until after I took the photographs for this post. It's just a simple chart with three columns where I can list the fountain pen, what ink is inside, and the date I inked the pen. I hope this will prevent my fountain pens from getting nasty by helping me clean them out more regularly.

january bullet journal monthly memories spread


february bullet journal monthly memories spread

march bullet journal monthly memories spread
I said in my July setup post that I would showcase the monthly memory spreads that I completed while I was in China, so here are my spreads for January, February, and March!

As stated earlier, I do find it somewhat interesting that as I'm starting this new bujo, I'm also starting the new school year. This is my last year of high school, and because I've been bullet journaling since April of my freshman year, I'm fairly familiar and comfortable with my current system. Nonetheless, I'm confident that it'll have to change once I enter university. Anyway, that was my setup for my fifth bullet journal; I hope you enjoyed seeing it!
~Mae-Mae Han


What type of notebook are you using in your current bullet journal? Let me know in a comment!


Last month's setup: July 2018
Next month's setup: September 2018

4 comments:

  1. As I can see, you choose the colors for a particular day or season, don't you? Anyway, I can say that you do your work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool was that having a full Car diversion System best 6x9 speakers Through this I really makes the most of my ride each time uniquely while out and about with a few companions. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete